Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Combination for a limited set of options

OfiROfiR Posts: 0Member

Hi all, I'm new here and for days I've been trying to solve this one, will appreciate your help!

1. I'm using VB6 to program a combination generator of 20 numbered balls in 5 spaces. For example: 1 2 3 4 5 is one combination 4 2 6 7 8 is another BUT 1 3 2 5 4 is the SAME as the first one (I dont care about the order, just about the combination).

2. I'll allow the user to "steal" one ball off the bowl so he can type a number between 1-20 and this ball will not be available. For example if the user typed 4, the combination 1 2 3 4 5 or 4 9 3 20 1 will not be generated - or any other comb that include the stolen ball.

Thanks in advance!