Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Convert a .com to a .exe ?

BillBill Posts: 0Member

I have several legacy command codes (progname.com) which cannot be run under Windows 7. If I could convert them to executable equivalents (progname.exe), I could continue to use them. I believe there were conversion programs that could convert a .com file to a .exe file years ago. Can anyone tell me where how I might get one ?

Comments

• OceanJeff40OceanJeff40 Posts: 9Member

seems to me you could just google for an .exe to do the same thing the .com did...? what are the utilities? probably free. you can always try the debug.com, and put together an x86 assembly code from that (if small program, or if you have a lot of time on your hands and know what you're doing, if it's large...?!) and then re-assemble as an .exe. So I guess it depends on what the .com programs are, and what are they used to do, and how large are they?

• OceanJeff40OceanJeff40 Posts: 9Member

Oops, I just tried debug, and forgot it's only for x86 computers, I have an 64-bit CPU, this might mess things up a bit.