Stepper motor... BLUE,RED,WHITE,YELLOW WIRES - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Stepper motor... BLUE,RED,WHITE,YELLOW WIRES

What are the colors stand for.. control, ground and all that....?? and is there a way through C that I can control the motor via serial or printer port???? Please help me...

thanx

Comments

• :
    :
    : What are the colors stand for.. control, ground and all that....?? and is there a way through C that I can control the motor via serial or printer port???? Please help me...
    :
    : thanx
    :
    :
    You should start by downloading the data sheet for the motor ..this will tell you all you need to know about the wires and yes you can control it with the parrallel or serial port (the parallel port would be best for you I think)
    There is loads of information on the net.The PIC (mocrocontroller) comunity has loads of information ...even C code samples to control a stepper motor from your parrallel port.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Cheers Anthony.