New webdesign changing only CSS - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

New webdesign changing only CSS

renaniprenanip Posts: 2Member
I was told to create a new webdesign to a website which I cannot change the HTML and JS. They only allowed me to change the stylesheet and images. So that's what I did. I spent the last 8 days optimizing the images creating sprites, joining css classes to make the page render faster... I did my best and did not touch the HTML and JS. So, today I was presenting my hard work to the company and they loved but their programmer told that their system has stopped working and there were a few messages in the console telling something went wrong. One of the messages which repeats a lot is

Line 2.906: Could not find selector ".side-bar" on the request to [link=http://www.sitepor500.com.br]sitepor500.com.br[/link]. Check the manual.

I am VERY sure I did only change the CSS and images, nothing else. I am a webdesigner and not a programmer, so I ask you: is it possible to break the JS only changing the CSS? How can I fix this?

Thank you so much.

Comments