Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How Can I Display an ".HTM" file in Delphi?

I have been using Delphi for several years but I am not really very expert. I do have Delphi v7.2 and I would like to display some info I have taken from an HTML file.

Actually, I accessed a web site on the net and then saved the page as an ".HTM" file. The page is very basic.

I would like to be able to write a Delphi app that takes some or all of the data from an ".HTM" file and displays it on the screen and then interacts with the user and then blank the screen and display some other ".HTM" file.

Is there any simple way to do this? I have read some info from one site but it was extremely complicated and I couldn't get it to work.

Part of the problem was that I had to use a THTMLViewer component and I just couldn't find a way to make it work. The compiler kept telling me that it could not find some simple ".DCU" files - such as "variants.dcu".

Can anyone show me a simple working example that just reads a file containing an ".HTM" file and displays it in a Delphi app?

I anticipate that my app will not be run over the Internet. It is something that a single user will run in a "standalone" mode.