Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

changes and errors in a programm

raniaSraniaS Posts: 2Member
I have attachead a programm with which I have to take some results by inserting inputs. My inputs contain measurements like "mm dd yyy" for consecutive days (e.g. 03012013_03062013). This function reads the ascci files and makes singe day hourly avereged size distribution ascci files in the directory results.
Firstly, I want to change the name of the files that are created. I want them "mmddyyy" because now they are named "mdyyyy".
Secondly, there is always an error in the first day because it contains some measurements of the second day too. We want hours from 0 to 23 and if one day starts from a different hour-number except 0, data stops when 24hours are completed and so it contains some data from the next day.
I really need your help because I only know a few things in programming and I must complete this work.
If I was not very enlightening please ask me more questions.(there are comments in the programm that will may also help).

Comments