Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Tetrahedral Mesh from Nodes and Faces Data

Blonde_BearBlonde_Bear Posts: 1Member
Hi,
So I've meshed a cylinder in [b]Ansys[/b] using tetrahedrons and want to recreate that [b]mesh in Matlab[/b] to do acoustic analysis on.

I've exported the mesh information of the whole solid and have it saved as a .txt file containing Node information in the XYZ along with velocity at each XYZ coordinate.

Also, if I export just parts of the cylinder (eg. inlet), I get face data also for each tetrahedron.

I've tried separating this data into a .txt file of XYZ coordinates of nodes and then a separate one of just face data and have attempted plotting simply a wireframe of the inlet mesh in 2D but no luck even in 2-Dimensions, nevermind 3!! My files don't seem to match up with what tetramesh and commands of the like are looking for!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!