Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

c program running in windows how is this done

piczimpiczim Member Posts: 11
I have done a VERY simple currency converter which runs in the command prompt. is it possible to some how get this to work as a windows program. I would like to be able to save it and send it to my friends. I would also like to be able to change the size of the font add colour and beeps when incorrect information is entered. I don't know what its called when you go from c to a windows program or how its done. Some direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rodney

Comments

• sunlotussunlotus Member Posts: 55

I only know in C++. In case you want to type your program in C++, then there are 2 lines to include for it to work on Windows and can be sent to a friend. In C++, you include the 2 lines and Run the code. Then an executable is created and you can send that executable. The lines are:

`#include<iostream.h>

include` (include the cstdlib where you declare the directives)

And at the end of the program, but still inside the main function type: system("PAUSE");

I mean in here:
    void main(){..... code.... system("PAUSE");}

In C++:

`#include<iostream.h>

include..............

#include`

and in main, at the end:

void main(){ .................. **system("PAUSE");** }

When you RUN the code, and executable is created that you can send to friends.

I only know in C++. In case you want to type your program in C++, then there are 2 lines to include for it to work on Windows and can be sent to a friend. In C++, you include the 2 lines and Run the code. Then an executable is created and you can send that executable. The lines are:

`#include<iostream.h>

include` (include the cstdlib where you declare the directives)

And at the end of the program, but still inside the main function type: system("PAUSE");

I mean in here:
    void main(){..... code.... system("PAUSE");}

In C++:

`#include<iostream.h>

include..............

#include`

and in main, at the end:

void main(){ .................. **system("PAUSE");** }

When you RUN the code, and executable is created that you can send to friends.