Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

when to use abstract classes

gauravdrockergauravdrocker Posts: 2Member
Hello,
I am trying to develop a module for a bigger application. The module and application itself is quite simple. But they want me to use abstract classes in this.Please suggest some classes that can be made abstract for this application.
The application is :
An application for the employee salary distribution system needs to be made. An initial data base of 500 employees will suffice. It should contain the first name, last name, age, employee id, department, designation, salary and duration since first joined the company

Comments

• azin1990azin1990 Posts: 3Member
    hi guys asking for help here.Got great business ideas but am not a programmer.got about three great ideas and i need someone good at programming to execute these.especialy web design cause or my ideas have to do with the web and you can make money from web(less piracy).am a young accounting student, initially i thought i would study programming myself but its a huge task and might miss the opportunity.If you are interested and want to find out more my email address nsikambale@gmail.com please get in touch
    hi guys asking for help here.Got great business ideas but am not a programmer.got about three great ideas and i need someone good at programming to execute these.especialy web design cause or my ideas have to do with the web and you can make money from web(less piracy).am a young accounting student, initially i thought i would study programming myself but its a huge task and might miss the opportunity.If you are interested and want to find out more my email address nsikambale@gmail.com please get in touch
  • GouthamKumarGouthamKumar NellorePosts: 9Member

Abstraction refers to the ability to make a class abstract in OOP. An abstract class is one that cannot be instantiated. All other functionality of the class still exists, and its fields, methods, and constructors are all accessed in the same manner. You just cannot create an instance of the abstract class.

If a class is abstract and cannot be instantiated, the class does not have much use unless it is subclass. This is typically how abstract classes come about during the design phase. A parent class contains the common functionality of a collection of child classes, but the parent class itself is too abstract to be used on its own.

For more details and practice programs please follow the links
    http://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/java_abstraction.htm
    http://java.meritcampus.com/t/118/Abstract-classes