Programmer Wanted - Someone Who Is Tired Of Nonsense - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Programmer Wanted - Someone Who Is Tired Of Nonsense

My name is Jonathan White. My background is in [b]art[/b] and my education is in [b]design[/b]. I can't find work and I've had closed doors after closed doors. I'm tired. I'm disheartened. I'm embarrassed. I just want to work in games without all the nonsense, people bailing on projects and the like.

I'm looking for one programmer. Just one. I don't want a fleet of people working because that is a disaster waiting to happen. Been down that road. So, I need one person who is:

-Capable of building an engine. 2D sprites, particles, weight(?), UI, gameplay, simple enemy AI... the works. We're making a game after all.
-Collaborating and communicating over Skype/e-mail/other services. We'll be sharing phone numbers as well, most likely.
-Ready to commit. I don't know how long it will take. There will be a lot of frustrations, blood, sweat, and tears. We may not have anything for months but we're smart (you're smarter than me), committed, we're going to have milestones, a business model, keep one another in check. You're through screwing around and you're ready to commit for yourself and your career. You're ready to make this a portion of your life. Not just an hour here and there.
-Honest and have integrity.
-You can visualize things in your mind pretty well.

Bonus points if you:
-Tend to like competitive, cooperative, team games, or otherwise games that don't spoon feed you victory.
-Tend to like retro style graphics, 2D art, but you also play newer games as well. You're a farily well rounded gamer.
-Can take criticisms well. Same with me. If you think something should be changed, you're not afraid to say something.
-Played cooperative games, understand concepts like the trinity and action based combat.
-Can do "network stuff". This will be a cooperative game.
-Have experience with scheduling, management, and have good people skills
-You can write. Totally optional, but would be cool.

If you're interested, my e-mail is my user name @gmail.com or my Skype name is "xflopjack". [b]Serious inquires only.[/b] I can't stress this enough. Do not be that guy who is excited for a few weeks then suddenly isn't heard from again. I'm not trying to be mean, I would love to hear from all of you and chill out and eat pizza, but I can't. I love pizza though.

We'll discuss the details and we can figure out if we're a good fit and if you're interested.