Help with trapping a keystroke from an edit control - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help with trapping a keystroke from an edit control

I am trying to test for when the user presses the ENTER key while they are typing in an Edit control that is residing on a regular client window. I can easily trap the WM_KEYDOWN while typing in the client window, but I can't seem to trap the WM_KEYDOWN while typing in the edit window. I'd appreciate the assistance thanks.

(No MFC solutions please, API only!)

Thanks!

-Emil

Comments

• : I am trying to test for when the user presses the ENTER key while they are typing in an Edit control that is residing on a regular client window. I can easily trap the WM_KEYDOWN while typing in the client window, but I can't seem to trap the WM_KEYDOWN while typing in the edit window. I'd appreciate the assistance thanks.

:

: (No MFC solutions please, API only!)

:

: Thanks!

: -Emil

:

Either trap it in the message loop - this is how IsDialogMessage works - or subclass the edit box control using Get/SetWindowLong.

Sunlight