Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

2's compliment in assembly

can u help me modify this format?i want this thing to perform 2's compliment when the user enters negative numbers (i have a calculator that doesn't perform operation with negative nos.)..thanks in advance
[code]CONVERT_ASSCII PROC NEAR

MOV AH , BYTE PTR RESULT ;MOVE FIRST TWO BYTE OF RESULT TO AX
MOV AL , BYTE PTR RESULT + 1

;AT FIRST CHECK IF AX IS POSITIVE OR NEGETIVE
TEST EAX , 8000H ;CHECK THE LAST BIT . IF THATS 1 THEN AX IS NEG , OTHERWISE THATS POSITIVE
MOV EDI , 0 ;AT FIRST SET OUR FLAG TO ZERO
JZ EAX_POSITIVE ;AX IS POSITIVE
NEG EAX ;CALCULATE NEGETIVE OF AX
MOV EDI , 1 ;DI INDICATES THAT AX IS NEG[/code]