Convert/Deinterlace Nikon D5200 1080i MOV videos for iMovie editing

The Nikon D5200 is a new 24.1megapixel DSLR camera that can record Full 1080p HD movies at 1920x1280 pixels / 25fps or 50i/60i with stereo sound. A high-resolution 3-inch vari-angle LCD monitor makes it easier to compose your shots from difficult angles, while the extensive ISO range of 100-25600 should cope with virtually all lighting conditions.

Because of this, the users may encounter many problems when bring the MOV clips from Nikon D5200 to iMovie for editing. For example [i]"I heared that iMovie can accept .mov files, but why I cannot imput these clips to iMovie'11 for editing? What am I doing wrong? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you in advance!"[/i]

Do you know why it is hard to get D5200 mov files to iMovie? In fact the recorded HD MOV uses the H.264 codec. As we all konw the iMovie doesn't support it well, especially HD video from Nikon D5200. For viewing or editing the videos which is encoded, you need the same codec to decode it to play or edit. iMovie prefers the AIC codec, so if we transcode H.264 to AIC, we can easily solve the incompatible problem. You are advised to find a best third party program, [b]Nikon H.264 MOV to iMovie Converter ( http://www.brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html )[/b], to do the conversion.

Step 1: Install and run the Video converter for Mac. Import 1080i or 1080p MOV files to it. The Add Button on the top of the main interface of the converter allows you to import Nikon D5200 MOV files directly.

Tips:
1. You can double click the each file to have a preview.
2. If necessary, you can tick the Merge into one box to merge D5200 1080i MOV files together.

Step 2: Select an output format for iMovie'11(08 or 09) and set the output folder. You are advised to choose " iMovie and Final Cut Express-Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC)(*.mov)" as the export format which is most compatible format for iMovie.

[b]Note:[/b] If you need to [b]deinterlace Nikon D5200 1080i MOV videos ( http://www.brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html )[/b], please click Edit and select "deinterlacing" in the Effect.

Step 3: Click Settings icon to adjust audio and video parameters. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the Profile Settings interface according to your demands.

Tip: You d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing Nikon D5200 1080i MOV in iMovie'11(08 or 09) on Mac. (If you are recorded in PAL, the 25fps as the frame rate is the best choice for you.) If you wanna have a smaller file size but keep the good quality, you can decrease the audio or video bitrate.

Step 4: Start [b]converting Nikon D5200 1080i MOV file to AIC for iMovie editing ( http://www.brorsoft.com/how-to/transfer-nikon-d5200-mov-to-imovie.html )[/b].

After conversion 100% finished, you can run the iMovie to import the converted files and edit them in it without any rendering or incompatibility problem.

Tips:
1. Auto shutdown: Click Option and tick the box Shut down the computer after conversion before conversion starts.
2. There are also many other functions for you on the converter including cropping, trimming, adding watermark adjusting brightness and so on. You can click the"Edit" button to have a try.