help with making a 3D model - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

help with making a 3D model

katie_smithkatie_smith Posts: 1Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to mathhelpforum and I hope it will be useful to me as well as me being helpful to someone else.

I'm actually looking for some (or a great deal of) help. I'm working on a project where I need to produce a 3D plot for matrix using Matlab. The plot must comprise of both alpha and beta in 3D. Alpha, A is a 320 x 333 x 4 matrix, where each individual layer (i.e. A(320,333,i) for i = 1:4) represents one image's angles. The beta matrix is similar.

I've searched around, but I can't find a way of doing such plots in Matlab anywhere. I can quite easily do a coloured plot in 2D but the 3D plot is the one needed for visualisation purposes. I wanted to do a stacked coloured scatter plot in 3D to form the image volume somehow. It would need to be a coloured scatter plot with a colour bar scale on the side so we can know what each colour represents angle-wise. Please, oh please if any of you could help me I would be forever grateful.

Katie x