Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

My first Pascal program

msdos622wasfunmsdos622wasfun Posts: 4Member
Hi everyone. First time poster here. I just wanted to share a program I wrote in Free Pascal. In fact, it's my first ever Pascal program. I've dabbled a lot in several different languages, and I used to do a lot of stuff in QuickBASIC, too. Got hooked on that in the late '80s when I learned about structured programming. Turbo Pascal was big back then, too, but I didn't pay enough attention to it.

Anyway, this is a game called Awari. You can find instructions on how to play it online or at Wikipedia. The purpose here was not to do anything extremely fancy; in fact, the game uses the console text screen. I just wanted to do something, anything, in Pascal. I think I got the rules of the game pretty much right (I hope); the AI isn't anything too sophisticated, but it still takes effort to beat the computer.

You can find the game on my software page on my blog. Hope you like it (source included that you can open in Lazarus).

Thanks.

[link=http://www.erichkohl.blogspot.com/p/my-software.html][/link]

Comments