Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

New to Assembler. Need help getting started

Hey there. This is my first thread so please bear with me.

A few months ago, I first heard about Assembly language. I've worked with a few high level languages, but I'm still a novice with that.

Anyway, I just recently got flat assembler. From what I understand, there are many different kinds of assembly languages. I'm not 100% sure what kind I'm using.

So I made a little "Hello World" program. It should open up command prompt and show it, but no.

When I compile it, it saves it as a .COM file. Apparently, Windows 7 can't open it, as it is too old. Is there any way to make it an .exe file. Or should I get a new assembler altogether? Help is appreciated.