Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need Help with Web Service Output

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting my problem. I've created my first Web Services project. My output is an xml which is correct, but the data that's being returned is also in xml. My output looks something like this below. My xml data is being passed as a string instead of xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
[b][/b]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
........[b] [/b]

Is there anything I can do in get my xml data to format properly. Below is the WebMethod used to retrieve the data from my .cs files. I think I will need to make the changes here. Any advice would be appreciated.

[WebMethod(CacheDuration=60)]
public string GetVimeoXMLPage(int PageNumber)
{
int pnum = PageNumber;
VimeoXML page = new VimeoXML();
string xmlResult;
xmlResult = page.getVimeoXML(pnum);
return xmlResult;

}

Thanks