Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Visual Basic.NET drawing and graphics problem

[italic]Hi!

I'm creating new project and want to use drawing and graphics to edit pictures...[/italic]

[u]I tried to import system library:[/u]

[b]Imports System.Drawing.Drawing2D[/b]

[u]and created object:[/u]

[b]Dim G As Graphics = picture.CreateGraphics[/b]

[u]I created simple utility to test writting one line:[/u]

[b] Private Sub MainLine()
X = Int(picture.Width)
Y = Int(picture.Height)
mLinePos = X / 2
Dim P As Pen = New Pen(Color.Red)
G.DrawLine(P, mLinePos, 0, mLinePos, Y)
curX = X / baseX
curY = Y / baseY
G.ScaleTransform(curX, curY)
End Sub[/b]

[u]Then Visual Basic reported error... and after removing code which was to test and object declaration and import too, project always reports the same error, look below...[/u]

[italic]Can anybody help me?

Many many thanks for everything![/italic]

[b]System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Object reference not set to an

instance of an object."
Source="The Body Analyzer"
StackTrace:
at The_Body_Analyzer.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
at The_Body_Analyzer.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()
at The_Body_Analyzer.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in C:DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsThe Body AnalyzerThe Body

AnalyzerMy ProjectApplication.Designer.vb:line 35
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
at The_Body_Analyzer.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException: System.NullReferenceException
Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Source="The Body Analyzer"
StackTrace:
at The_Body_Analyzer.Form1..ctor() in C:DocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsThe Body AnalyzerThe Body AnalyzerForm1.vb:line

InnerException:

[/b]