FORTRAN/how to read a specific column form a text file! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

FORTRAN/how to read a specific column form a text file!

ashwsuashwsu Posts: 1Member
How can the code read a specific set of columns ?
In a bit more detail, please read below;

I am working on modifying a FORTRAN code which uses simulated annealing. I want the code to read data from a single file with first column (fixed for all arrays) with "iColumn" column (where "iColumn" varies from 2 to Ncolumn which is the number of total columns in the file). Do you know how can I tell the code to read the data from 1st and nth column?

Also I want the output in n different blocks which are separated from each other. The present program does it for n different files , I have to think how it does the same for n columns in the same file.
Thanks in advance.
Ashish

Comments