Can I lock pygame window position - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I lock pygame window position

JasonChicoJasonChico Posts: 3Member
I am using python for a user interface with a remote controlled vehicle through a network socket. The system works great except for one thing. If I try to move the window it crashes my program. I know exactly what is causing the problem too. When I verify the socket connection I send an iterated variable in each packet of data that I send. The receiving program checks the number to verify it has changed.

[b][u]MY PROBLEM[/u][/b]
It appears that the python program is blocked while the window is being moved, which causes the vehicles program to timeout and terminate the socket. I am going to modify the vehicles control code to handle the timeout without killing the program.

[b][u]MY QUESTION FOR YOU[/u][/b]
I would also like to configure the window to open in a specific area of the screen AND I would like to lock it into place. I found a RESIZABLE flag but I couldn't get it to work for some reason and I'm not sure that will fix my problem. I am running python 2.6.5 on a windows 7 machine.

Any help would be appreciated!