Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

need help with visual basic

clrgqclrgq Posts: 2Member
I need suggestions or guidance for how to create the code for an application I'm creating. basically I have created a form where the user can either check a box to find the "capital given a state" or "find a state given a capital". I need to get the concept first so i'm only worrying about two states right now, NC and SC. I want to make it to where also the user HAS to check one of the checkboxes I have created or when they select the lookup button an error is generated. Also they cannot check both without generating an error message. ill post an image of what i have created so far. creating the form is the easy part but im thinking i need to do a nested if statement to execute the logic, any suggestions? am i on the right track? i'm brainstorming but as you can see by my code i'm new at this and having trouble coming up with the solution.