History in dde23 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

History in dde23

edrookieedrookie Posts: 2Member
Hi,

I have not used dde23 before. To try it out I attempted to solve a odefunction which I have already been using with ode23. The function has no delays in it - I'm just using it to check I get the same result BUT I don't (the solutions look very different)!

I'm guessing I'm making a basic error and I suspect its something to do with the history function - the vector I am giving it, [0.5 -0.5 0 0 ], is the same as the initial conditions I used in ode23 (so I want x(1) = 0.5, x(2) = -0.5, x(3) = 0 , x(4) = 0 at t = 0). When I run my code (see below) I don't get these initial conditions??

I have read the dde23 help and tutorial but cant see my error??

Thanks for reading my query

Ed

function sol = delayed
T = 100; % simulation time
DelayForx1 = 1;
DelayForx2 = 1;

sol = dde23(@HKB,[DelayForx1, DelayForx2],[0.5 -0.5 0 0 ],[0, T]);
figure;
plot (sol.x,sol.y)

function dx = HKB(t,x,Z)

alpha = 1;
beta = 1;
gamma = 0.7;
A = -0.3;
B = 0.8;
w=2;

dx(1) = x(3);

dx(2) = x(4);

dx(3) = -(alpha*x(1)^2 + beta * x(3)^2 - gamma)* x(3) - w^2*x(1)...
+ (A + B * (x(1) - x(2))^2)*(x(3)-x(4));

dx(4) = -(alpha*x(2)^2 + beta * x(4)^2 - gamma)* x(4) - w^2*x(2)...
+(A + B * (x(2) - x(1))^2)*(x(4)-x(3));

dx = dx';