Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to redistribute a VB6 application with NSIS

Hello,

I'm new to this, so if I've done anything wrong, please tell me :)

I work on a pretty large VB6 application. The redistribution of it is pretty problematic. My sort of "dream" is to automate the build and packaging process with some repeatable scripts (batch-files).

I want to ship the application with the nullsoft installer system - nsis. I got lot's of referenced libraries and components (dlls, ocx) that the package and deployment wizard of vb6 gathered for me.

The problem now is to make sure that all needed libraries are installed in the correct version.

How can I make that sure?

Should I ship the dlls/ocx as cab-files? Can nsis do a kind of conditional installation of nsis?

Thanks!

best regards
Andreas