Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

windows api

i am writing a small sliding block puzzle. I have one main window and 12 smaller windows

contained in the larger window.the 12th window is hidden so that the other windows can slide about.

I want to put a bmp onto the 11 visible windows and have them jumble up..

can any one help

i would really appreiciate it

thanks

Comments

• Why not just have one large window which paints all the pieces? Anyway, create 11 DCs with CreateCompatibleDC and load the 11 bitmaps. Or alternatively, create 1 DC and load one big bitmap. Use SelectObject to select one bitmap for every of the DCs that you have created.

When processing the WM_PAINT message for the window, use the BitBlt function to paint the DC in the display DC used for painting.