Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Drawing problem - refresh not working

corinaruscorinarus Posts: 2Member
Hello, I have a problem concerning drawing on a panel. What I need to do is create a timeline, meaning I draw some vertical and horizontal lines. The problem occurs when I scroll the panel. All the drawing that should be in the scrolled area dissappears. I tried to set the paint event of the panel, but then it just draws the lines chaotically (one vertical line just after the other, not at specified intervals). I have no idea what to try further on.

Here is my code, with just the vertical lines: (drawing is performed on a panel -Panel1)

[code]Public Class Form1

Public lines As New ArrayList

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
DrawLines()
End Sub

Private Sub DrawLines()
Dim myVerticalPen As New System.Drawing.Pen(System.Drawing.Color.Black, 3)
Dim myHorizontalPen As New System.Drawing.Pen(System.Drawing.Color.BlueViolet, 10)
Dim formGraphics As System.Drawing.Graphics
Dim dashValues As Single() = {5, 2, 10, 4}
Dim blackPen As New System.Drawing.Pen(System.Drawing.Color.Black, 1)

Dim datesLabelArray(20) As Label 'create an array of labels for the date(horizontal) part of the timeline
Dim CurrD As DateTime = "07/12/2012"
Dim labelPosX As Integer = 100
Dim labelPosY As Integer = 50

Dim line As Line
formGraphics = Panel1.CreateGraphics()
blackPen.DashPattern = dashValues

'display vertical part of timeline (partno labels)
Dim partsLabelArray(15) As Label 'create an array of labels for the part(vertical) part of the timeline

For x = 0 To partsLabelArray.Length - 1 'initialize the array of labels
partsLabelArray(x) = New Label
partsLabelArray(x).Name = "myPartLabel" + x.ToString()
partsLabelArray(x).Text = "mypart" + x.ToString()
partsLabelArray(x).Visible = True 'Initializing the TextBox so that it is not rendered in the browser
partsLabelArray(x).AutoSize = True
partsLabelArray(x).Left = 10
partsLabelArray(x).Top = labelPosY

Panel1.Controls.Add(partsLabelArray(x)) 'Adding the TextBox to the Panel that holds the text boxes.
CurrD = CurrD.AddDays(1)
labelPosY += 30
Next x

CurrD = "07/12/2012"

For x = 0 To datesLabelArray.Length - 1 'initialize the array of labels
datesLabelArray(x) = New Label
datesLabelArray(x).Name = "myDateLabel" + x.ToString()
datesLabelArray(x).Text = CurrD
datesLabelArray(x).Visible = True 'Initializing the TextBox so that it is not rendered in the browser
datesLabelArray(x).AutoSize = True
datesLabelArray(x).Left = labelPosX + 20
datesLabelArray(x).Top = 20

line = New Line(myVerticalPen, formGraphics, New Point(labelPosX + 110, 50), New Point(labelPosX + 110, labelPosY - 50))
'line.Draw()
lines.Add(line)

Panel1.Controls.Add(datesLabelArray(x)) 'Adding the TextBox to the Panel that holds the text boxes.
CurrD = CurrD.AddDays(1)
labelPosX += 120
Next x

Panel1.Invalidate()
Panel1.Update()

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Paint(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles MyBase.Paint
For Each linie As Line In lines
linie.Draw()
Next linie
End Sub
End Class[/code]