Programmer,Mathematics and Science - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Programmer,Mathematics and Science

bociosbocios Posts: 2Member
Hi guys,

This is my first post here. I think that my question is a little-bit strange but sorry for that. I need to ask someone about this.

So I'am a programmer for ten years now. Not a big time..
I consider myself as a "jack-of-all-trades" programmer. My main area is Java enterprise development bit i know C,C++,a little-bit ASM and so on
Next to this i love math and i love to solve problems :)
I like optimization, algorithm.. i think that every programmer love these things (or should be)

My question is:
Could you please suggest me some areas of mathematics that is the closest for a programmer?
So.. there are mathematics topics like algebra, number theory, lineal algebra, discrete math., and so on.
Which pass for these:
- There are many-many problems to solve
- Need to write algorithm
- Maybe need to optimize

Okay i know that near every math things fit for these things.. But which area is closest for a programmer?

I would like to do this in my free time, for a hobby-like.. and for learn new things.

I think that maybe AI is the best for this. It has Genetic Algorithm, many-many problems to solve, and so on.

Edit:
Forgot one more thing.
Maybe i can join some math-science based research tasks at my work.
So you can suggest me math areas that pass for math research things.

Sorry if i'am not too correct or precise. Maybe neither i don't know what i want :)

Thank you,
bocios

Comments

• bociosbocios Posts: 2Member
    So, to clarify..

Currently i learning a lots of math to use my programming knowledge other things.. not only for work.
    Because i'am a hobbyist of astronomy i thought that i can use my programming knowledge in this very-very interesting and beautiful science.
    Currently i have a basic telescope (it's a Luna-70) and i cannot stop to watch things with this, all the nights
    Please help me to see how can i use programming thing with amateur astronomy. Is it possible to do programming things at home if i'am an amateur yet? I know that maybe the question isn't correct but hope that you will understand my question.
    I'am open for new things, to learn things.