Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Nimbus Look-And-Feel

PriapusPriapus Posts: 36Member
Hi,

I am running Java 1.6.0_31 on my machine and would like to have "Nimbus" set as the default look-and-feel for my Java applications. I have followed the instructions obtained from the Oracle java website i.e. by creating a text file named [b]swing.properties[/b] with the following line of code [b]swing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel[/b] and placed in the [italic]lib[/italic] folder of both the JDK and JRE installation directory.
However this does not work as i'm still getting the Metal look when i run my programs. Nimbus only works when i set it programmatically.

Is there any other method to set it as the default look-and-feel?