Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DirectInput - Set Device State

Rocky75Rocky75 Posts: 1Member
Hello,
This is my first post on this forum. I am a C++ developer dedicated to flight simulation. I know how DirectInput works and I can read device state, which was useful to read the joystick axes and buttons.
Today I need something else: I need to SET the joystick state to let the flight simulator "believe" the joystick is moving, and I couldn't find a way to do this. I found some information about hooking DirectX, but I don't really like this kind of solution. Is there a "clean" way of doing this?

If you want to know why I want to do this, I can explain:
I plan to develop a specific module for Airbus aircraft simulation. In these aircrafts, the 2 pilots have sidesticks, very similar to PC joysticks. If they BOTH move their stick, the sum of the 2 inputs is provided to the flight controls computers. I would like to simulate this by reading 2 real joystick inputs, sum the 2 inputs, and SET this as the input of a 'virtual' joystick that my flight simulator will read to control the aircraft. Do you think this is possible?

Thanks for any help :)

Eric