I need to find a VB.NET equivalent for this command...

I've posted in MATLAB forum and gotten no response so I'm hoping someone here may be able to help. Here is the original post:

I am looking for a way to translate a MATLAB program to VB 2010 so that we can do more with our data. Currently MATLAB is connecting to a tank(liquid) gauge that feeds us that information. In MATLAB, the command to connect appears to be:

[code]con=pnet('tcpconnect',ipaddress{counter},portnumber(counter))[/code]

and then the code to read the data appears to be:

[code]tankdata{counter}=pnet(con,'read','view')[/code]

I am unfamiliar with MATLAB so I am looking here for someone who know's both VB and MATLAB enough to be able to tell me or explain to me how an equivalent to the MATLAB code could be written in VB 2010. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

After more thought on the matter, all I really need to know is how to connect to a specific IP address and port and then ask it to send me the information that it's already broadcasting. Being new to network programming, I'm not sure I'm even asking the correct questions, so please reply if you think you can help point me in the right direction. Thanks!
[hr]
Don't be afraid to correct me if I'm wrong...nobody knows it all!! :-)

http://www.bsbweb.net