Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to set-up a simple subversion (SVN) workflow.

I am trying to set-up a simple SVN workflow at home. I am new to subversion (and programming) so I have been reading the official PDF documentations but still not sure about how to set-up my repository.

I am working mainly with python, bash and rsl (Renderman Shading Language)

So I already have a /dev structure on my disk as this:
[img=http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6673/devstructure.png]

And I have a /site structure that links to my /dev folder. This is where I create simple sym. links to the work in progress of completed scripts or bits of programs:

[img=http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5470/sitestructure.png]

Obviously this is a primitive approach that I would like to improve. But first, I would like know the following:

[b]Will I set-up a separate repository for each different programming platform?[/b] and [b]Where exactly I should be placing my repository?[/b]

I am looking for something simple and almost only for me. But also learning new skills as well. SVN seems to be a good solution, and learning it will add to my experience. Only that I am not sure how to start.

Thanks.