My First Tutorial in This Forum - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

My First Tutorial in This Forum

[color=Blue]+----------------------------------------------+
+ Author : Hamza Qdider +
+ Age : 18 years old +
+ Title of This Tutorial : CPU Architecture +
+----------------------------------------------+

Hi Guys ! I'm a new (beginner) in this forum . I'm from Morocco ,I'm 18 years old .
In this Tutorial ,I want to explain the CPU (Central Processing Unit ) Architecture ...
Firstly, I'm not sure that my English Language is correct ,because I'm a beginner in it too .
When we talk about CPU ,we can define it like a PC Heart . We'd better say : " The PC Brain "
not " The PC Heart ", it does a lot of operations ( addition ,division ,etc ...) . It diagnose many
information with an amazing speed .
All this advances are due to the technology developement over the last decades .
After this introductions ,I will start my explanation now :D

+ -------------------------------- +
1 - CPU Registers
+ ---------------------------------+
The CPU contains four General Purpose Registers ( I talk about 32 Bit Processor not 64 Bit ) .
Their size is 32 bit ( from 0 to 31 bit ) . Each register has divised in two part ( registers) , from 0 to 15 bit
and from 15 to 31 bit ,the part one ( 0 => 15 bit ) is divised in two part too ( from 0 to 7 bit and from 7 to 15 bit ),
look at this :
31 15 7 0
+++++++++++++++++ EAX ++++++++++++++++
+ +
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ AX +
++++++++++++++++
+ AH + AL +
++++++++++++++++

+-----------------------------------+
2 - The General Purpose Registers
+-----------------------------------+

EAX = Accumulator register ,It's size is 32 bit . It contains the AX Register ( 16 bit ) and AH (Accumulator High)
and AL (Accumulator Low) .

EBX = Base register ,It's size is 32 bit . It contains the BX Register ( 16 bit ) and BH (high register) & BL ( low register)

ECX = Counter register ,It's size is 32 bit . It contains the CX Register ( 16 bit ) and CH & CL ,we use this register
for making loops and so on ...

EDX = Data register ,It's size is 32 bit . It contains the DX Register ( 16 bit ) and DH & DL , we use this register
for puting our data in it . For example : put a message in DX ( mov dx,offset message).

In brief ,I want to give you this advice :D : " We usually use the EAX (AX) Register ,because it is the principal register hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Eventually ,I want to say " I'm so sorry ,for my bad language ^_^ !!! " .

To Be Continued ...
Hamza Qdider[/color]
Download this Tutorial :