Best Approach to Learning Java?

Hey guys,

I am currently taking an Intro to Java Programming class, but the class isn't working out as well as I would like. Some other students in my class have said that the book which was picked for our class isn't the best to learn from either. I realize this is purely opinion, but what would be the best way (book, forums, online tutorials, etc.) to go about really grasping the basics/fundamentals. Don't get me wrong, there hasn't been any disasters or anything, but as we start to get into the more advanced topics I want to be sure I really understand the beginners area. Thanks all!

Comments

• Java is a beautiful language if one has understood the basic concepts of it. I am fortunate enough to have Java developer friends who have given the right books to read.

On the other hand, one has to write programs and execute to learn from the bugs to be a master. Thus my mantra for learning Java is to understand the concept and verify the same by programing on a suitable IDE. I prefer Eclipse :)

[link=http://www.techendeavour.com/iphone_application_development]iPhone application development[/link]
  • thenewboston channel on youtube