Convert HDC-SD800 AVCHD MTS/M2TS video to ProRes for FCP X editing - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Convert HDC-SD800 AVCHD MTS/M2TS video to ProRes for FCP X editing

Josh520Josh520 Posts: 2Member
Convert HDC-SD800 AVCHD MTS/M2TS video to ProRes for FCP X editing on Mac OS X

The HDC-SD800 is a high definition camcorder, its stylish design, brings a unique look to the HD market. The SD800 records in AVCHD format, which is the standard for high definition camcorders.

I like easy editing with Final Cut Pro X for family movies like interesting events, cats, building a snowman and so on. Although some people indicates that FCP X supports loading AVCHD videos, but it doesn't support well. I still could not edit SD800 AVCHD MTS/M2TS in FCP X. Finally I found Pavtube Video Converter for Mac which is the best SD800 MTS/M2TS Converter to transcode SD800 AVCHD Videos to Apple ProRes 422 perfectly compatible with FCP X.

If you have the same problem about editing HDC-SD800 AVCHD Videos in Final Cut Pro X, you may follow the step-by-step guide.

Step 1. Load HDC-SD800 AVCHD videos to Panasonic SD800 to FCP Converter.

Step 2. Select