Getting started, advice needed. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Getting started, advice needed.

Hello,

I feel this may be the right place to ask for some advice :)

Let me start out by saying that I am hoping to be able to do freelance programming , and work from home sometime in the future.

I graduated with a associates degree in computer science , and a bachelors in information systems in 2011. Right now I'm about to start for my masters in IT.
As it is I feel like I forgot most of what I learned , so I have been reviewing some programming at least. In college I had VB, html, assembly , C, Java and javascript. I had A's for all except C that was a B , so I did oke at least. But I havent' kept up learing and practicing so I lost a lot of what I learned.
I am not really sure how to get started , or where I should start to rev up what I learned .

I was thinking about reviewing xhtml/css and javascript for a starters, and then later at least java and C.
What else should I learn to be able to be a succesful programmer?

Please no negativity though, my self esteem is low enough as it is.
I'm sure I sound silly and amateur , but well live and learn.
Just advice only, thanks :)

Melissa.