Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help with an Exit code in Delphi

Hi, I'm making a very simple program with check boxes and I want to the program to instantly close when the right combination of checkboxes are selected.

I tried using a code like that, using the property "checked"...

If Checkbox1.Checked := True and Checkbox5.Checked := True and Checkbox10.Checked := True and Checkbox12.Checked := True and Checkbox15.Checked := True then Exit;

But it's not working... It reject all the coding...

Please help me...

Comments

• mundimmundim Posts: 3Member
    Sorry for double topic, they said an error had happenned so I tried again...
  • EitanArbelEitanArbel Posts: 2Member

well, here are a few words about Exit, from the Delphi help:
    "Exits from the current procedure.
    If the current procedure is the main program, Exit causes the program to terminate."

so in order to close the program, you should use the "Close" command,
    or use "Application.Terminate".

and to make your "If" a little better:
    If (Checkbox1.Checked) and (Checkbox5.Checked) and (Checkbox10.Checked) and (Checkbox12.Checked) and (Checkbox15.Checked) then Close;

or "then Application.Terminate;".

you dont have to ask if it's True

(sorry for my broken english)
  • karanchanana75karanchanana75 Posts: 4Member
    The Exit code variable is the code returned by a terminating application to the invoker.The exit code value will be displayed in a dialog box if the error addr variable is non 0 when the program terminates.

Amira Foods (India) Ltd - [link=http://www.linkedin.com/in/karanchanana]Karan Chanana[/link]