Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Transfer of cell contents into an Excel file property

janschojanscho Posts: 5Member
Hello,

Can you please kindly help me to solve the below interesting issue? (I will make my best to make myself understood, which is sometimes very difficult)

I need to see DIRECTLY in Windows Explorer (I use Win Xp) what is contained in the cell A1 on Worksheet1 of an Exel file (most often, the contents of the cell is a date in special Excel date format = yyyy-mm-dd, but sometimes the contents is a text). The purpose of all this is to sort Excel files (according to the contents A1 of the particular file) directly in Windows Explorer without the need for opening the files.

I hope that this could be realizable by transferring the contents of the cell into one of the standard Excel file properties that can be seen in )Windows Explorer) Details View (eg. Description, Subject or any other property) every time on saving the Excel file.

In addition:
- If the contents of the cell is "preserve", the Excel file property should be left as it was before I opened the file.
- If the contents of the cell is "delete", the Excel file property should be (strange to read)deleted.
-----------
EXAMPLE:
On saving the Exel file, whose cell A1 in Worksheet1 contains