Free Pascal Print Command Problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Free Pascal Print Command Problem

TheKingfishTheKingfish Posts: 15Member
I am new to Free Pascal; a longtime Turbo user having trouble getting the program to output (write) to the printer. The FP printer setup has LPT1 in place, and readily prints a copy of the program to the printer. Win 98 is in use here. However, when I run the following code:

Writeln (lst,

Comments

• ActorActor Posts: 438Member
    I'm long time Turbo user, but have never used FP, so this is just a wild guess. In Turbo 103 is "file not open." Maybe you need a "rewrite(lst)" statement.
  • TheKingfishTheKingfish Posts: 15Member
    Yes, I have run across a remedy that utilizes a rewrite statement. It was supposedly for Unix and code-structures the printer to be a stand-in for a file; thus writing to the file. I am hoping that someone can provide a more simple code-method of FP output to a printer than that. I mean, writing to a printer is such a basic programming function. If there is no such method, that suggests FP developers eliminated one entire avenue of output (screen/file being the other two). That seems implausible. So, can anyone shed some light here?
  • TheKingfishTheKingfish Posts: 15Member
    A solution to my problem! While I am new to Free Pascal, it seems that FP does not directly support programs that output directly to a printer. Conversely, Turbo provided a convenient
  • _Atex__Atex_ Posts: 163Member
    : A solution to my problem! While I am new to Free Pascal, it seems
    : that FP does not directly support programs that output directly to a
    : printer. Conversely, Turbo provided a convenient