Free Pascal Print Command Problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Free Pascal Print Command Problem

TheKingfishTheKingfish Posts: 15Member
I am new to Free Pascal; a longtime Turbo user having trouble getting the program to output (write) to the printer. The FP printer setup has LPT1 in place, and readily prints a copy of the program to the printer. Win 98 is in use here. However, when I run the following code:

Writeln (lst,

Comments

• ActorActor Posts: 438Member
    I'm long time Turbo user, but have never used FP, so this is just a wild guess. In Turbo 103 is "file not open." Maybe you need a "rewrite(lst)" statement.
  • TheKingfishTheKingfish Posts: 15Member
    Yes, I have run across a remedy that utilizes a rewrite statement. It was supposedly for Unix and code-structures the printer to be a stand-in for a file; thus writing to the file. I am hoping that someone can provide a more simple code-method of FP output to a printer than that. I mean, writing to a printer is such a basic programming function. If there is no such method, that suggests FP developers eliminated one entire avenue of output (screen/file being the other two). That seems implausible. So, can anyone shed some light here?
  • TheKingfishTheKingfish Posts: 15Member
    A solution to my problem! While I am new to Free Pascal, it seems that FP does not directly support programs that output directly to a printer. Conversely, Turbo provided a convenient
  • _Atex__Atex_ Posts: 163Member
    : A solution to my problem! While I am new to Free Pascal, it seems
    : that FP does not directly support programs that output directly to a
    : printer. Conversely, Turbo provided a convenient