Adobe Acrobat Batch Rename using JavaScript - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Adobe Acrobat Batch Rename using JavaScript

wheelmanjaswheelmanjas Posts: 2Member
I use Adobe Acrobat to OCR newly scanned files. I usually do hundreds of files at a time taking 8-100+ hours to OCR. I have been having problems with the program when I tell it to overwrite the existing file. It will run through 20 files or so then crash. I cannot tell what has been OCR-ed. To fix this problem I have been having the program save a new file by simply adding "ZZ " (Z, Z, Space) This stopped the program from crashing but now I have hundreds of files that need to have the (ZZ ) removed from the front of the file. I cannot find a batch sequence to rename the files but Acrobat will allow me to run a batch sequence written in JavaScript. I am simply trying to rename a folder full of files that are properly named with the exception of the first three digits which are "ZZ ". Can Anyone help with this. I have tried to figure it out but I'm having a hard time and am afraid it will take 10-20 hours for me to figure it out. I am willing to pay a few bucks for some help.

Comments