Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Copy file to folders found in search results using a batch file

PaulioHPaulioH Posts: 4Member
Hi,
I'm just wondering if anybody could help me out here. I've been trying to work this out for the last day!
Basically, I need to copy a file "LogMeIn.url" which is currently on the desktop to the Quick Launch toolbar for All Users using a batch file.
There is no Quick Launch folder in All Users and by the looks of it there is no easy way of doing it.
Therefore, I've created a batch file which at the moment finds all the folders with "Quick Search in the title.
Currently the code is:

cd
dir /ad /b /s | findstr ""

However I was wondering if once you have obtained the search results whether there is a way of then copying a file to each of folders that have been found in the search results?

If you guys have any thoughts about this or if there is a much easier way of doing this please give me a shout. I will be extremely grateful :D !