Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Converting matlab graph into tif file

kgorahavakgorahava Posts: 7Member
Hi all,

I have written code to generate a graph in Matlab. However the Journal I am submitting my manuscript to, has given the following guidelines to convert matlab images to tif:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&7
Export High Resolution Images from Matlab

Knowing the target size of your image in inches and ppi, first convert the number of rows and columns in the image. 4.86 inches by 9.19 inches (a 1.5-column figure at maximum height) at 300ppi corresponds to 1458 pixels by 2757 pixels. Modify your image to be 1458 by 2757. (Resize it, crop it, compute it differently, etc.) Then save your 1458 by 2757 image to a TIFF file, specifying 300 as the resolution:

imwrite(my_image, 'figure_10_a.tif', 'Resolution', 300);

function writeFig300ppi(figNo, fileName)
%make the backgroung white
set(figNo,

Comments

• arronleearronlee Posts: 29Member

Hi, kgorahava. I am also testing about the related Tiff converting projects these days. I want to look for one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help me with the related Tiff conversion work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Arron