Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

nested update panel

dhanlakdhanlak Posts: 4Member
Hi,

I used 2 update panels, nested with each other
1st update panel contains GridView1
2nd update panel contains GridView2. Gridview2 contains GridView3. But GridView3 just displays data. It has no rowcommand or any events.

My problem is when a button in GridView2 is clicked. both GridView1 and GridView2's rowcommand event are fired. But, i do not want the GridView1's Rowcommand event to fire.

How do i achieve it. Please do help me asap.

I set updatemode to conditional for both up1 & up2 -> did'nt work.
I set updatemode to conditional, and childrenAsTriggers for both up1 & up2 -> did'nt work.

I set updatemode to conditional for both up1 & up2 and defined the trigger for up1 alone -> did'nt work
I set updatemode to conditional for both up1 & up2 and defined the trigger for up2 alone -> did'nt work
I set updatemode to conditional for both up1 & up2 and defined the triggers for both -> did'nt work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the triggers i tried

1) Inner update panel's trigger

2) Outer update panel's trigger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please someone help

thanks in advance.