Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Win32 Cryptography in C

Hello,

I'm a newcomer to the world of computer programming. Although I already have a relatively good understanding of C, I'm really lost trying to create a simple program in which I could encrypt a plain text file and also to decrypt the same text file in another computer which have the same program installed. I already searched all MSDN topics and articles and none could give a subtle introduction to the topic. All of them assumes that you are already well versed in cryptography.
I would like that my program load a text file and then the client has two buttons, one to encrypt and another to decrypt. Can anyone shed some light on how I could do this? I already know how to program the window with the menus, buttons and even an "about" dialog, but I'm really lost on how to implement the Crypto API on a program.
If anyone could give me some hints I would really appreciate.

Tnx in advance!