Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

My "Hello Everyone" post.

Hey, folks. o/ I'm a new join, here.

Recently my employment situation is at the point where an impending merger means the loss of everyone at the office I work at. So I've got a year and a half of unemployment coming, I expect, and I've decided to use that time to launch myself into the great unknown and work hard at learning what I need to, to get my dream job.

I want to be a game programmer. I've got a minuscule amount of programming experience from twenty years ago (qbasic), but I feel I pick things up pretty quickly, and I intend on doing whatever I must during those eighteen months to learn the majority of what I will need as a programmer.

I've decided on learning C++ first thing. I've heard about the other systems in use today, but if I'm looking at this correctly, C++ is the foundation the gaming world is built on. I want the best foundation possible. So I'm stashing money away to get a legitimate copy of Visual Studio while I tinker away with the free trial.

Anyways! I just wanted to pop into the off topic board, here, and say hello to everyone. I expect that over the coming months and years, I'll be flooding you all with a numerous amount of annoying questions as I pick at the collective forum brain.

0/

~Whackjob