Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need advice/suggetsions

I am looking to take classes at an community college to pursue a diploma in either

1: Web Development, which I feel I will enjoy. Other than a class that I took while pursuing my AA in Information Systems that focused on HTML/DHTML, CSS and a tiny bit of JavaScript, I've dabbled around a little in my freetime.

2: Programming, which I've also dabbled a bit with. The languages were Python, Java, and VB 2010. I've created very very small programs in each language and I enjoyed that I got things to work as planed and expected. My options for this program are: .NET and JAVA, middleware, scripts and servlets, data structures etc...

I would like to kno which route would better position me to grasp the concept/s of the other (Web Development or Programming) later on down the road because I want to be well vearsed. I know this is all programming here, but I would prefer to approach the route that will help me make better sense of the other.

I see Web Dev as being not as tough as computer programming. Hope I dont sound dumb here or confusing.

Any advice/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
jwalk33