Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

genetic algorithm to optimize static evaluation function

joeandrewsjoeandrews Posts: 5Member
Hi guys. I'm supposed to do a computer game for a school project. So I chose five in a row. I'm using a standard minimax algorithm. I also want to somehow optimize the static evaluation function, so I thought about using genetic algorithm to do this. The evaluation function has some parameters, so I would generate several sets of those parametrs and let them play against each other, and then I'd replace the one with the poorest result with some combination of the two with the best result and this would go on for some time. Question is: Could this produce a viable result or is it inapropriate to use genetic algorithm for this problem? I mean doesn't it create some problems because the result of one set depends on the other ones?