Need help with SQL query - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need help with SQL query

peffpeff Posts: 1Member
I am very new to SQL and not a programmer by trade. I know enough to be dangerous. I need a query (I'm using Toad for SQL) that extracts information when multiple conditions from the same table are met ... essentially pull data when it equals this AND equals this. Example:

Last First Order# Item
Doe John 1111 Candy
Doe John 1111 Gum
Doe John 1111 Chips
Doe John 2222 Candy
Doe John 2222 Chips
Smith Jane 3333 Candy
Smith Jane 4444 Candy
Smith Jane 4444 Chips
Smith Jane 5555 Gum

Right now, my select statement is "Select Last, First, Order # when Item in ('Candy', 'Gum')". I'm getting six returns since it is matching entries with either "Candy" or either "Gum". However, I need a statement that pulls a value when both 'Candy' and 'Gum' are purchased by the same customer in the same order #. Given the data above, I only want "Doe, John, 1111" returned. Can anyone help? And just for the record, this is not a homework assignment ...

Comments