How do you connect a program to the internet/website? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How do you connect a program to the internet/website?

AlecCAlecC Posts: 3Member
Hey, so recently in my school our teacher wanted us to spend the next 2-3 weeks making up a program of our own choice. (We learned Java in class but I wanted to try something different and learn C++.) Anyway I'm a beginner at C++ and I was wondering how exactly do programs connect to websites/the internet because I wanted to make a program that would notify me of any updates/changes on a website (such as a blog, forum, etc) and provide and archive of it. What I'm really having trouble with is I have no idea how a program connects to the internet in the first place. Could anyone show me somewhere that I could learn this?

Comments