Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

vb.net 2010 can not open 2007 access db

ds1960ds1960 Posts: 2Member
I am working on a vb.net application and I am having difficulty opening
an Access Database. The access database has been encrypted/passworded.
It also seems that the Server Explorer in Studio 2010 is also unable to open the database. The error I am getting is:
Can not open database ''. It may Not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

I have been to connectionstrings.com. I think I added everything correctly, but the darn thing still won't open. If I remove the password, everything works. Pleas tell me what I am missing... I am somewhat new to .net.

System Details:
Windows 7 64bit
VB.net 2010
Access 2010 - 2007 format db, encrypted/passworded.
-----------------------------------------------
WinForm code:

Imports System.Data.OleDb

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim ConnString As String
ConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:UsersDanAccessDatabasesdb2007.accdb;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=" & TxtPasswordDB.Text & ";"
Dim conn As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConnString)

conn.Open()
MessageBox.Show("Open")

End Sub
End Class