Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Get System Proxy Server Settings (From Internet Explorer?)

gubegube Posts: 2Member
I have a working procedure written in C#, running on .NET 3.5, to connect via an proxy server and everything with the connection works fine. But as I need to ship the solution to a couple of guys who don't know their proxy server settings I need to get them from their system. I know that it's popular to get the settings from the default web browser, in particular from Internet Explorer. But using
[code]System.Net.IWebProxy IWP = System.Net.WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy[/code]doesn't work for me.

I know some point out that the issue lies within wherever the program is running on a 'local' account or as a service in on a 'user' account. But that doesn't bring any light on the problem from my point of view.

Can this task really be that difficult, considering all the functionality seems well built in the C#/.NET-platform?

I'm running .NET v3.5. Am trying to get the proxy settings from an Internet Explorer v9.0.8112 on a Windows 7 (x64) OS. Any help wanted!

Big up!