Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Encryption with ADO and FileDSN

underground23underground23 Posts: 1Member
Hi,
I have a vb 6 application that is using File DSN to connect to an SQL server database (i cannot use anything else besides File DSN for official reasons). I want to encrypt the network traffic from the application to SQL server. I was reading up on this and found the "Use Encryption for Data" option for connection string. All the examples that i found were using SQLOLEDB with a connection string in the code. Is there a use to use that option with FileDSN. I tried putting that in the FileDSN but it did not work. The network traffic is not encrypted.
Thanks